You have spent a lot of time searching for flights to Halong Bay and get tired. If you want to save your time, let us tell you these three Halong Bay airports to choose from. They are Van Don, Noi Bai, and Cat Bi international airport. Let is check out the pros and cons of them to make the best decision.
This is the Halong Bay nearest airport, only 50 km from the center. It is a 4E international airport, first launched at the end of 2018. This is very famous with the area up to nearly 400ha. The airport was invested by Sun Group with a capital of 7,700 billion VND. It can serve millions of tourists every year.
Van Don airport has a runway 3.6km long and 45m wide. You can book a flight from Bamboo Airways, VietJet Air, or Vietnam Airlines to get to Halong Bay.
Van Don airport has a terminal with a 2-storey design. The first floor has 4 conveyor belts used for transporting luggage. There is an impressive Koi fish tank on this floor. The 2nd one is the check-in area with 31 counters. If you want to withdraw money, you can also find an ATM here. This 2nd-floor area is also a place for tourists to buy food and souvenirs. This also has many green spaces, a big Koi tank, and even hanging gardens. It allows visitors to relax while waiting for the schedule.
- Free Wifi.
- Freephone charger.
- Free drinking water.
- Check-in flight via ATM phone.
- Support for disabled people.
- This is the most advanced airport, top 5 airports with the best service quality in the world.
- This airport provides 31 check-in counters to help travelers process information quickly.
- Provide free bus tickets for the Ha Long - Van Don route.
- Greenspace, quiet.
- Not many flights as much as Noi Bai airport and Cat Bi airport.
- Ticket prices are still high.
The main gate of Van Don airport
Address: Phu Minh, Soc Son, Hanoi
Hotline: 024 3886 5047
Noi Bai Airport is the second-largest international airport in the country, playing an important role in trade. Being built in 1977, until now, this airport can welcome millions of visitors per year. Tourists can choose from many airlines such as Vietnam Airlines, Bamboo Airways, Vietjet Air, Pacific Airlines,...To move to Ha Long, visitors can book a tour online and depart from Noi Bai airport with many time frames to choose from. Noi Bai airport has 2 main terminals to pick up passengers, T1 and T2.
T1 has 3 parking lots A1, A2, A3, with a total area of 165,224 m². It is designed by architects of Vietnam. The capacity of this terminal is about 6 million passengers/year. Lobby E and A are very crowded with 5 outgoing gates and 2 arrival gates. T1 also has 4-story design, for different usages:
- 1st floor: For domestic visitors
- 2nd floor: For guests to check-in, send packages and wait for the flights.
- 3rd floor: Area for airport staff.
- 4th floor: Restaurant area.
Terminal T2 was first introduced in 2015. It has an area of about 139,000 m². This is a station with an investment capital of 18,000 billion from Japanese ODA. T2 includes 96 check-in counters with 4 floors and 1 basement.
- 1st floor: For international guests flying to land and taking their luggage.
- 2nd floor: For connecting passengers
- 3rd floor: For international passengers to check-in and wait for the plane.
- 4th floor: VIP lounge, business class passengers, and representative offices of international airlines operating routes to Vietnam.
- Free trolley service.
- Free drinking water service.
- Free wifi internet service.
- Free battery charging service.
- Children's play area.
́- Tax-free shops: food and rest services
- Many choices of airlines
- A bit far from Halong
- Some time it is too crowded
Noi Bai airport
Address: Cat Bi, Hai An, Hai Phong
Hotline: 0225 3976 408
This is not the nearest Halong Bay airport, but you can also choose this because it is only 60km from the center of Halong. You can find a flight to Cat Bi and enjoy Halong attractive places such as Caves, Cat Ba Island, Lan Ha Bay, etc.
This airport was built by the French and was first used for aviation in 1985. Cat Bi airport meets ICAO's 4E standard and can serve up to 4 million passengers per year. There are large aircrafts such as Boeing 777, Boeing 767, Boeing 787, Boeing 737-400, Airbus A330, Airbus A350, and Airbus 320-321 inside the airport. You can book a flight from Bamboo Airways, Pacific Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, or VietJet Air.
Cat Bi airport is the largest airport in the Northern Delta of Vietnam. It has a runway 2.4km long and 50m wide. The airport has an area of thousands of square meters, 3 aprons, and a large 2-storey terminal. Cat Bi also has 29 check-in counters, 6 boarding gates, and 3 conveyor belts for customers.
- Many choices of flights
- Good services
- Close to many attractive tourism places.
- Near Halong, only 60km
- Not a big airport (as Noi Bai airport)
- Not modern (as Van Don airport)
The main gate
Go Viet Trip hope that our detailed information can help you feel better to make a decision. Good luck, and wish you find the best things to do in Halong bay after choosing the right Halong Bay airport. Please feel free to contact us if you need any more help: Email: Goviettrip@gmail.com or hotline +84968667589. We are guarantee about quality and prices. Get a full refund if you do not feel happy with our services.
Author Hoan Nguyen
He has over 10 years of experience working in the tourism sector and operator. He has traveled to many places in Vietnam and around the world.