Lao Chai village is 7 km from Sapa town. It lies deep in Muong Hoa valley and has its peaceful beauty of local life far from the city center. Lao Chai is about 29.35 square kilometers. It is very close to Ta Van, a famous destination for tourists. Lao Chai village is the home of Giay and the Black Hmong people.
The view of the village
People say the best time to visit Lao Chai is from September to April. This is harvest time, which makes Lao Chai like a golden carpet with terraced fields for you to take pictures of. Visiting the village in the spring, tourists can also see the village overwhelmed by the pinky color of peach blossoms, and the milky color of plum flowers. There are also many festivals in spring, such as the Root poem festival of the Giay people, the festival of fieldwork of Tay people, etc.
There are many vehicles for you to choose to get to Lao Chai Village. From Hanoi, you must take a bus, a taxi, or a limousine to get to Sapa town. After that, you can go by bike, go by motorbike, or hire a taxi to get to the village.
• Hiring a bike: about 100.000 VND/day.
• Hiring a motorbike: 100.000 – 150.000 VND/day.
• Going by motorcycle taxi: 60.000 VND/one-way (from the city center).
• Going by taxi: 100.000 – 120.000 VND.
There are many things you can experience when visiting Lao Chai village. Do not miss any great following activities to make sure that your trip is unforgettable:
• Embarking on a Leisure Trek: wandering on the path and enjoying the atmosphere is amazing, especially during harvest season.
• Experiencing homestays in the village and enjoying the local life of ethnic people.
• Chilling out with Local Festivals: during the tour, you can take part in Root Poem or fieldwork festivals.
• Enjoying Local Specialties such as hand-carried piglets, Thang Co, corn wine, five-colored sticky rice, and other delicious dishes.
Trekking is one of the most interesting in here
In this part, we will share some great homestays for visitors to get good accommodation.
• Ms. May: 016620 66593, the capacity of 8 - 12 people, near the main road, Ms.May can speak English well.
• Mr.Chinh: 09888 36424, the capacity of 15 people, near the main road, enough facilities, with a nearby traditional handicrafts shop. His daughter can speak English well.
• Ms. Di/Ai: 0166 4472 745/ 8985 806736, small homestay for 2 - 4 people, not close to the main road. Di’s daughter is a good local tour guide.
There many ethnic minority at Sapa
Wish you a good tour of Lao Chai village with this basic knowledge. If you want to book a tour, please leave a comment, and we will call you back or please feel free to contact Go Viet Trip: Email: Email: Goviettrip@gmail.com or hotline +84968667589. We are guarantee about quality and prices. Get a full refund if you do not feel happy with our services.
Author Hoan Nguyen
He has over 10 years of experience working in the tourism sector and operator. He has traveled to many places in Vietnam and around the world.